- Yield : 1
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe
- 250g Butter
- 4 large Eggs
- 50g + 150g Castor Sugar
- 200g Self Raising Flour, Sifted.
- 60ml Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven at 180C. Grease a 8 inch baking tray and sprinkle with flour.
- Separate the eggs, and place the whites in a bowl.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks, add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 150gm sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Put in vanilla and beat for a while.
- Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour and milk little by little using a wooden spoon.
- Slowly fold in the egg white into the batter using a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into pan and level.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
** Refer recipe for butter icing