- Yield : 1
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe
Tenggiri Fish (Mackerel) – (5 pieces)
Red Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
Tomato – 2 large, finely chopped
Green chili – 3-4 slit
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Garlic pods – 8 chopped
Dry red chili – 2
Fenugreek – 1 tbsp
Tamarind paste – 1 tbsp
Warm water – 1 cup to dilute tamarind
Fish curry powder – 3-4 tbsp (I used Babas Fish Curry Powder)
Salt as per taste
Turmeric- 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
- Clean the fish and drain all excess water add salt and turmeric, set aside.
- In a big non stick pan heat oil on medium flame add the peppercons and fenugreek and after 20 seconds, add the red chili and curry leaves and then the onions saute for a minute now add the garlic and let it cook.
- Now add the chopped tomato, green chilli saute until the tomoto turns mushy should take 3 minutes. Now add the fish curry powder and little salt and mix well, add 1/4 cup water and let it the tomatoes cook further for 3 minutes until the oil separates. Check for spiciness and salt.
- Add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup tamarind water discarding the pulp and bring it to a boil and let it cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the marinated fish pieces and cover the lid, let it cook in medium flame until fish is cooked about 6-7 minutes.
- Once the fish is cooked, add the remaining tamarind water discarding the pulp, cover lid and let it cook further for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or idly or thosai.