Poori and Potato Curry2015-08-29
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe
1 cup plain flour (extra flour for dusting)
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Oil for frying
1. Put all ingredients together in a bowl. Knead into a dough. Dust extra flour if needed.
2. Separate the dough into 6 small balls and allow it to rest for about 10 mins.
3. Use a rolling pin and flatten the dough to a thin circular piece.
4. Heat some oil in a wok and deep fry them till it turns golden brown.
4 large potatoes peeled, boiled and mashed
1 Large Onion chopped
1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tsp Tumeric powder
1 Tsp Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Corriander Powder
1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Coriander
1 Sprig Curry Leaves
Salt to Taste
2 Dry Chillies
1 Tsp mixture of mustard, fennel and cumin)
1 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Milk
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil and butter in a wok. Put in mixture of mustard, fennel and cumin.
2 Then add dry chillies, onions, ginger garlic, curry leaves and corrinader leaves. Stir till its fragrant.
- Put in the chilli powder, tumeric powder and corriander powder. Stir till its cooked.
4 Stir in the mashed potato and put salt to taste.
- Add the milk and cook for about 5 mins.
- Serve with Hot Poories